Sunday, July 12, 2009

Here come the babies!

Yes, we are still on track for July 15. My surgery is scheduled for 8:00 am, so with any luck the kids will all be born by 8:30 or so. From that point our adventure really begins, both in the short and long term. We really don't know how many (if any) of the babies will be in the NICU, or how many will be in the room with me. We don't know how many (if any) will be able to come home with us when I am discharged (probably Saturday). I really want to believe that they'll all be good sized and over achievers...breathing well, keeping themselves warm, etc., but there's no way to know until they actually arrive. Mat and I are both excited to finally SEE the kids--figure out what they look like (are the boys identical?)---and get to know them as little people.

I had my last Ob/Gyn appointment on Friday where the doctor told me in this surprised voice, "your cervix feels....well, about the same as last time". Apparently without doctor intervention, these babies would NEVER come out! Otherwise my blood pressure is good, blood counts look good, and aside from a couple of enormous ankles, I am plugging along. I could go longer than Wednesday if they asked me to, but I have to admit that I'm ready to get some mobility back and recognize my own body again. I have one last BPP ultrasound on Monday and then I'm done with Dr. appointments until Wednesday morning.

I actually think that we've very close to having everything ready for these kiddos to come home, whenever that is. Our nursery is all set, with quite a stockpile of diapers. We've even been able to fit a double bed in the room, where Mat is currently sleeping because I snore so loud. We put all three car seats in the van today, convincing Maggie that now that she's 3, she 'gets' to sit in the way back. She seems excited about it...go figure. We have some food in the freezer, formula in the cupboard, and a diaper bag packed for the hospital. Luckily we live about 3 minutes from the hospital, so if anyone needs more clothes we're in good shape. Here we go!





No comments:

Post a Comment