
Another update on the babies from our ultrasound today. We hit 30 weeks on Tuesday...it's hard to believe that the three of them will be here in less than 5 weeks. I kept telling everyone early on that I was focusing on staying healthy and strong through the pregnancy...but now that I'm getting closer to the end I'm starting to worry again about how we're actually going to manage three newborns. I think we just have to wing it, trust that we'll work out a system and after a while won't know anything different. I hope so.
All three of the babies have their heads at the top of my uterus and Adele and Samuel have their feet down. Michael is "transverse"--positioned sideways behind the other two. Adele weighed 3 lbs 8 oz today, Samuel was 3 lbs 11 oz, and Michael was 3 lbs 5 oz. There's some +/- in the weights, but either way I no longer have to feel like a wimp if I need help getting off the couch. They're all still in the average range for single babies and the weight difference between the largest and smallest is less than 10%, which makes the doctor happy. My cervix hasn't changed and my weight gain isn't out of whack (probably about 28 pounds right now), so everything continues to look good.
Doctor appointments get a little more frequent for me over the remaining weeks. We have another ultrasound scheduled in 3 weeks to measure the siz of the babies, and weekly appointments for blood pressure, cervical length, etc. We're entering the home stretch now so it's just a matter of staying rested, eating well, and keeping in good spirits. And hopefully finding some bigger maternity clothes since mine don't cover my belly anymore!!!
Hi Angie!
ReplyDeleteI am the teacher that stole your mother away for awhile:-) I have some maternity clothes that I am donating...let me know if you want me to bring them to your mom to look through. Congrats on the triplets...I feel like I know them from talking to your mom! Take care!
Megan